[BCMA] Fwd: Very Old Rail “Speeder”

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Sep 21 12:05:40 PDT 2021

I received an inquiry a few days ago, looking for identification and
information on the remains of a railway speeder (photos attached). Since I
am very far from being any kind of an expert on old railway speeders, I'm
sending this out to colleagues in railway museums (or random railway
aficionados in other museums) to see if anyone can help identify this
carcass? Robert, the man inquiring, also sent this further information:

The nearest machine, and they “type” at least, is the Fairbanks Morse
motorized Velocipede. I think the remains I have probably was a single or
two seater, 2 wheeler with an outrigger wheel as I have drawn. That is a
guess but if it’s a 2 wheeler it would have had at least one other wheel as
in one of the Fairbanks Morse units. Discussion Here:
https://www.narcoa.org/misc_pix/types/sp_velo_mot.htm

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!

Tammy

Hi,
Wondering if anyone at the museum might be able to identify and comment on
this machine. It is in Harrop.
Thank you,
Robert

Axle Hub on Buda is very close to the machine I have.

Sent from my iPad

Tammy Bradford, Manager

Creston Museum

219 Devon Street, Creston BC V0B 1G3

250-428-9262

*The Creston Museum operates on the unceded traditional territory of Yaqan
Nukiy within the Ktunaxa Nation.*