[BCMA] Announcing! Hands Up: The Billy Miner Experience

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Sep 7 11:09:16 PDT 2021

Dear BCMA community,

In partnership with *Sea to Sky Immersive*, we are so excited to launch
"Hands Up! The Billy Miner Experience" this coming weekend. From the team
that brought you the Christmas Carol immersive at Roedde House last
December, a gripping audio-visual experience has been custom created for
our museum. Patrons will have the chance to experience the famous
Silverdale train robbery of 1904 - Western Canada's first ever train heist
- and the ensuing pursuit, capture, and trial of Bill Miner and his gang of
bandits.

This 45 minute long family-friendly experience begins on an old CP
caboose and then, journeys through different rooms of our 110 year old
heritage home. Opening this Friday, Sept 10th - the 117th anniversary of
the robbery - and running on weekends until Sept. 26th, this unique and
exciting production is not to be missed!

For more information, tickets, and volunteering opportunities, please
visit: http://www.mapleridgemuseum.org/handsup

*Exclusive to our BCMA members, use the promo code "teamBCMA" for 20% off
any tickets purchased - including 'family pass Sundays'. **Group rates are
also available on our website for more discounted tickets. *

A poster and press release are attached; feel free to share them widely!

Thank you so much for your support. We look forward to seeing you in Maple
Ridge this month!

*Shannon Macelli* BFA; MMed
*Community Engagement Coordinator*
Maple Ridge Museum & Community Archives
mrmeventplanner at gmail.com
office: 604-463-5311

The Maple Ridge Museum & Community Archives respectfully acknowledges that
we have the privilege to work, learn, and play on the traditional unceded
territories of the Katzie and Kwantlen First Nations.

[image: BillyMinerPoster-Small.jpg]