[BCMA] Internship Opportunity: Youth IBPOC/2SLGBTQ+ Exhibit Mentorship Program

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Sep 7 10:42:39 PDT 2021

Hi All,

Applications are now open for Coquitlam Heritage's new Youth IBPOC/2SLGBTQ+ Exhibit Mentorship Program!

About the program:
Coquitlam Heritage is starting a new paid internship program for three high school students of colour or students who are part of the 2SLGBTQ+ community.  Students will learn from our Exhibit Managers about how a museum operates and how to put on an exhibit. At the end of the program the students will put up their own mini exhibit at Coquitlam Poirier Library.

The program runs from the week of Oct 11-15 to Jan 2022 with the exhibits featured at the library in the following months. We are accepting applications from eligible high school students till Sept 27th. More information can be found here along with the application form: https://www.coquitlamheritage.ca/opportunities

If you know someone who would be interested in participating in this program, please let them know about this.  You can reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks!

Jenna Masuhara
Administrative Coordinator
Pronouns: they, them
jmasuhara at coquitlamheritage.ca

Coquitlam Heritage at Mackin House
1116 Brunette Ave | Coquitlam BC | V3K 1G2
604-516-6151
www.coquitlamheritage.ca<http://www.coquitlamheritage.ca/>

Coquitlam Heritage gratefully operates on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Kwikwetlem First Nation, who continues to live on these lands and care for them, along with the waters and all that is above and below. These lands are also the traditional territories of the Tsleil-Waututh, Qayqayt, and Katzie First Nations.

I'm in the office on Monday to Thursday.