[BCMA] New AABC website and upcoming events!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Sep 1 14:27:07 PDT 2021

Please excuse cross-postings

Colleagues,

We are pleased to share our redesigned and refreshed website that can be
found at www.aabc.ca! Some pages/information have been reorganized so
please update any of your links to our site as necessary. AABC members can
continue to access their accounts and membership details through the log in
portal on the website. The AABC would like to thank the BC Arts Council
<https://www.bcartscouncil.ca/> for funding to complete this project.

The website contains information and registration links to a number of
upcoming events including:

- Managing Plans and Drawings distance education course (Sept 13 - Nov22,
2021); 4 spots left, registration closes Sept 9

- AABC Virtual Tea and Chat (Sept 17, 2021) Join members of the AABC
Executive and Genevieve Weber, acting Head of Archives at the Royal BC
Museum, as Genevieve shares her experiences working with difficult records
for the community of Tk’emlúps te Secwepemc. Bring a cup of tea or coffee,
settle in, and feel free to share and socialize with other archivists
during the first of a series of informal roundtables and discussions around
archivy and archival work.

- Roundtable "Volunteers and Archives" (Oct 6, 2021) Join your AABC
colleagues from small & medium-sized archival organizations as they share
their experience managing volunteer programs. Together we will talk about
strategies for recruiting volunteers, training tips, and how to foster a
meaningful experience for both the archives & volunteer.

- AABC & Yukon Council of Archives Joint Conference "We Walk Many Paths:
Archival Journeys in BC, Yukon, and Beyond". The conference will be held
online on October 26-27, 2021 and will also include the pre-conference
workshop "Archives 101: Archival Practice for Indigenous Organizations"
(October 22 & 25, online). A schedule of speakers and registration details
will be available shortly.

Regards,

Lisa

Lisa Glandt, MAS
Education and Advisory Services (EAS) Coordinator
Archives Association of British Columbia
aabc.advisor at aabc.ca