[BCMA] Looking for a small combine

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Oct 12 10:21:13 PDT 2021

Hi, everyone,

A local farming family is working hard to convert their farm operations to
be fossil-fuel-free, and are looking for a small
tow-behind combine harvesters that their solar-powered tractor can power
and tow. Specifically, Allis Chalmers All Crop 60 or 66, or a John Deere
12A, from 1948-1970. They are confident they can "fix up anything," but are
hoping to find one that isn't totally wrecked.

I'm sending this out in hopes someone out there in Museum-land might have
an extra one? Maybe one you're planning to deaccession? Or one you've been
offered but turned down? Maybe one that's growing weeds in your own
backyard? Mouldering away in your neighbour's barn? Or possibly something
similar that might work? if that's the case, let me know and I'll pass the
information on to Drew and Joanne to see if their tractor can handle it.

I have no idea what their budget might be, but if there is a price attached
let me know and I'll pass it along. They have been looking all over Canada,
so I'm sure travelling to get it will not be a problem. It would mean the
combine goes into private hands, but on the flipside, Drew and Joanne do a
lot of demonstrations of their sustainable/eco-friendly farming practices,
and the Creston Museum is among the community partners they work with...

Thanks for any tips you can offer!

Tammy Bradford, Manager

Creston Museum

219 Devon Street, Creston BC V0B 1G3

250-428-9262

*The Creston Museum operates on the unceded traditional territory of Yaqan
Nukiy within the Ktunaxa Nation.*