[BCMA] Hacked email- please do not click on suspicious links

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Oct 25 11:16:57 PDT 2021

Good morning,

We would like to apologize for any unsolicited emails that may have been sent to you in the past few hours from the email addresses info at oliverheritage.ca<mailto:info at oliverheritage.ca> or collectionsmgr at oliverheritage.ca<mailto:collectionsmgr at oliverheritage.ca>.

It has come to our attention that our account was hacked around 4 am this morning and a number of spam messages were sent out to contacts. While this problem has now been fixed, if you received an email this morning purporting to be from us, we ask that you please ignore it, and do not click on any suspicious-looking links in the message body. If you did click on a link, we recommend changing your email account password immediately.

Thank you for your understanding as we take steps to prevent similar unwanted incidents from occurring.

Sincerely,

Julianna Weisgarber
Executive Director
Oliver and District Heritage Society Museum and Archives
www.oliverheritage.ca<http://www.oliverheritage.ca/> l 250.498.4027 l 430 Fairview Rd, Oliver BC

[01 - Default Museum Logo]
I acknowledge that my work place is within the unceded ancestral and traditional territory of the s’yilx-Okanagan Nation.