[BCMA] BCMA Call for Mentors!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Oct 6 14:25:29 PDT 2021

*Call for Mentors*

The BCMA is seeking experienced museum professionals from all career
backgrounds and specialties to join the BCMA Mentors program and act as
mentors to Emerging Museum Professionals (EMPs) over the course of one
year.  Each mentor will be paired with one EMP beginning their career in
the same field.

Mentors should be professionals in mid- or senior-career positions in
museums, art galleries, heritage institutions, science or cultural centres,
or private consultants.

Mentorship pairs will be given guidelines but are welcome to create
projects, timelines, and outcomes of their own.

Mentors should be able to commit to at least one meeting per month during
the eight-month mentorship term (November-June).  As mentors and EMPs may
not always be located in the same area, these meetings can be conducted via
Zoom or similar platforms.

If you are interested in being a mentor,apply here
<https://museum.bc.ca/membership/mentorship/>! Interested in the mentorship
but not as a mentor? Apply!  <https://museum.bc.ca/membership/mentorship/>

[image: Social Media - Instagram (3).jpg]

--

Lorenda Calvert
Programs Coordinator

Pronouns: she/her. To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/675+Belleville+Street+%7C%7C+Victoria,+BC+%7C%7C+V8W+9W2+%0D%0A+%0D%0A+Office:+250?entry=gmail&source=g>

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>

The BCMA 2021 Conference will take place on October 7, 14, 21 & 28. Find
out more and register
<https://museum.bc.ca/conferences-and-events/conference/> today!