[BCMA] A Distant Lens: Cariboo Photographers C.S. Wing & C.D. Hoy

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Nov 17 11:49:02 PST 2021

The Quesnel Museum is now presenting its Heritage Speaker series in a hybrid (in person/zoom format).  Please contact me directly at ehunter at quesnel.ca<mailto:ehunter at quesnel.ca> if you are interested in receiving a zoom link.
We hope to record the presentation and post to our You Tube channel, but we have had a few mishaps with previous presentations, so no guarantees!

A Distant Lens:
Cariboo Photographers C.S. Wing & C.D. Hoy

[Wing self portrait pbcr  wm][C.D. Hoy  P2020 detail]

Tuesday November 30th at 7 pm
Join Lorna Townsend as she provides an overview of her research on Quesnel's two earliest resident photographers, active in the first decades of the twentieth century.
She will provide a brief biography of the two men, an analysis of their surviving photographic collections and conclude with a few of the stories that emerge when the portraits are viewed
in the context of newspaper articles and other archival materials.

We can accommodate a limited number, so please register in advance if you wish to attend in person.  COVID protocols will be in place.
We request that only those who have been vaccinated register to attend in person.  All guests will be required to wear masks during the presentation.
The event will take place at the Museum, 705 Carson Ave.  Quesnel, BC.

For those who are not vaccinated or who feel more comfortable joining us virtually, the presentation will also be offered on Zoom.
Please contact ehunter at quesnel.ca<mailto:ehunter at quesnel.ca> to receive a meeting link.

Elizabeth Hunter
Museum & Heritage Manager
City of Quesnel