[BCMA] Operating Agreements

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Nov 11 12:20:02 PST 2021

Hello all;

We are in the process of reviewing our operating agreement as we go to
renew, because our space is owned by the Town of Sidney. This is our second
home over the Museum's fifty year history, and we have had leases every ~ 5
years since moving to our present location in 2002. We have enjoyed an
excellent working relationship with the Town, and neighboring District of
North Saanich.

I was hoping for feedback from others who have renegotiated their leases -
what they would change or what was useful. Is a period of 5 years a good
standard, or should we look at longer term leases?

On a separate note, has anyone had any luck with finding insurers who will
insure a collection, not for replacement, but for recovery processes up to
a certain amount?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, and I can be reached at
(250)655-6355 or director at sidneymuseum.ca

Kind regards,
Alyssa

--