[BCMA] Join the Jewish Museum & Archives of BC for a Special Book Launch

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Nov 1 15:48:01 PDT 2021

Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the JMABC and over 160 years of Jewish community life in BC with the release of a very special book.
The Jewish Museum & Archives of BC is pleased to invite you to the launch of Looking Back, Moving Forward: 160 Years of Jewish Life in BC
With contributions from over 200 community members, this once-in-a-generation publication will be one you'll treasure for years to come. Through stunning photographs and compelling articles - including many community contributions - this book conveys a detailed portrait of our community history throughout the province.
In celebration of this special event, we're pleased to welcome Keynote Speaker Dr. Morton Weinfeld, Chair of Canadian Ethnic Studies at McGill University and the author of Like Everyone Else But Different: The Paradoxical Success of Canadian Jews, and numerous other works on the history of Jews in Canada.
***
Join us in person at Congregation Beth Israel in Vancouver on Tuesday, November 16th for a celebration of our community history.
Pre-order your book at the link below to receive special launch pricing.
Limited Edition Hardcover: $90 (regular price $100)
Softcover: $45 (regular price $50)
All books are 288 pages, an elegantly designed keepsake.
***
Members in good standing are invited to join us at 6:00pm for the Annual General Meeting of our governing body, the Jewish Historical Society of BC.
***
Public health guidelines current at the time will be followed. All attendees will be asked to present their vaccine passport at entry.
Register to attend in person or remotely, and pre-order your copy of the book at: https://jmabc-book-launch.eventbrite.ca

Michael Schwartz
Director of Community Engagement
Jewish Museum and Archives of BC
6184 Ash Street - Vancouver, BC - V5Z 3G9
604.257.5199
mschwartz at jewishmuseum.ca