[BCMA] Happy BC Museums Week!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon May 17 08:31:44 PDT 2021

BC Museums Week 2021: #MuseumACTION

May 17 – 23, 2021 is officially BC Museums Week! Join online along with
hundreds of cultural professionals across British Columbia and explore how
to take action in your community and in your organization to create a
brighter, more just future for all. This year’s theme is #MuseumACTION and
each day we’ll explore actionable ideas and inspiring discussions to help
you take action and make change.

If your organization is celebrating BC Museums Week this year, please email
us (bcma at museum.bc.ca) and we can promote you online!

Follow the BCMA on social media all week for interviews, resources, and
webinars to help you take #MuseumACTION!

Monday, May 17: Inclusion & Anti-Racism

   - Webinar: The Development of White Identity with Silvia Mangue Alene,
   12 – 1 pm <https://museum.bc.ca/event-list/?eid=34>
   - Podcast: Interview with Steven Purewal, author, historian, and
   filmmaker

Tuesday, May 18: Reconciliation & Repatriation

   - Interviews with 2020 Repatriation Grant recipients
   - 2021 Call for Repatriation launch
   - May 18 is also International Museums Day <http://imd.icom.museum/> and
   we encourage members to share your visions of the future of museums on
   social media

Wednesday, May 19: Climate Change

   - Podcast: Interview with Viviane Gosselin, Director of Collections &
   Exhibitions at the Museum of Vancouver, and a member of the Advisory Group
   of the Coalition of Museums for Climate Justice <https://cmcj.ca/>
   - Learn more about climate action in the museum and cultural heritage
   sector
   - Get a preview of the BCMA’s new project *Climate Action & Leadership
   for Museums* (CALM)

Thursday, May 20: Emerging Museum Professionals

   - Podcasts: Join us on social media all day for micro-interviews with
   emerging museum professionals as we imagine the future of museums

Friday, May 21: Leadership

   - Webinar: The Elephant in the Room: the Leadership Crisis in Canada’s
   Cultural Sector <https://museum.bc.ca/event-list/?eid=33>, with
   Sharanjit Sandhra, Jen Budney, Brian McBay, Armando Perla, and Devyani
   Saltzman, 10 – 11:30 am

Saturday, May 22: Accessibility

   - Join us on social media for resources, links, and support for taking
   action to make your museum more accessible

Sunday, May 23: Community

   - Join us on social media and explore how museums are taking action in
   the fight against online misinformation