[BCMA] Still time to register: Exploring Decolonizing Not-for-Profit Organizations workshop

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu May 27 15:30:41 PDT 2021

*Exploring Decolonizing Not-for-Profit Organizations with Chris
Creighton-Kelly & France Trépanier from Primary Colours/Couleurs primaires*

Date: June 3 & 4, 1-3 pm

The role of boards of directors in not-for-profits is a fundamental part of
the museum/cultural sector, but also remains one of the least understood
and explored parts of our profession. Organizations with robust boards and
sound governance have the potential to revolutionize museum operations,
while the opposite can ruin otherwise healthy organizations.

In this two-day virtual workshop with Chris Creighton-Kelly & France
Trépanier from Primary Colours / Couleurs primaires
<https://www.primary-colours.ca/>, we invite participants to join a support
network of peers and explore how museums came to be, as well as the roles
that staff and boards play in our ever-evolving museum communities.

Come prepared to discuss complex subjects like how (or even if)
organizations can be decolonized, the role that anti-racism plays in
organizational structures, and how museums can leave behind their colonial
origins to become relevant social spaces. This is a supportive space to ask
hard questions and work together to build a stronger future for our sector.

We strongly encourage museum managers/directors, lead curators, and board
members to attend this session. Find out more and register by clicking this
link
<https://members.museum.bc.ca/public/event/details/a9cec04b134816a4d2eb1d72c0936c22d4598e35/1>
.

museum.bc.ca <http://www.museum.bc.ca/>