[BCMA] BCMA Advocacy Update

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri May 21 15:30:52 PDT 2021

On Tuesday the Province of BC announced a new Major Anchor Attractions
Program
<https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/economic-recovery/attractions-program>
to provide COVID-19 relief funding to larger urban and rural tourism
attractions across the province. While this funding is critical for the
long-term stability of larger organizations, funding for small and medium
organizations will also be critical to the overall health of the sector.

On Wednesday the BCMA and Heritage BC partnered to write the following
advocacy letter to encourage the Province to allocate additional recovery
funding for small and medium organizations.

The BCMA will continue to work with sector partners to advocate for the
needs and impact of the museum, heritage, and cultural sector and we look
forward to sharing future updates as our advocacy efforts progress.

*Ryan Hunt*
Executive Director
Pronouns: He/him To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

Direct: 250-884-0499 || Office: 250-356-5700  || www.museum.bc.ca

Check out the BCMA's new online learning portal: www.museum.bc.ca
<http://www.museum.bc.ca>