[BCMA] BCMA Seeking Repatriation Policy Examples

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Mar 31 14:53:09 PDT 2021

Hello Everyone,

The BCMA is seeking institutions willing to share their Repatriation Policy
as examples to inform the creation of new resources.

As some of you may know, the BCMA hired two new staff members
<https://museum.bc.ca/bcma-welcomes-koy-tayler-and-leia-patterson-to-the-team/>
in December, Koy Tayler and myself, to support the development of new
resources and projects identified by the Indigenous Advisory Committee
<https://indigenous.museumsassn.bc.ca/about-us>. There have been a number
of requests for the creation of basic repatriation policy frameworks, and
so we are seeking your help! We would like to find examples of a variety of
Repatriation Policies from small and large institutions across the province
to represent the wide range of staff and financial capacities that exist in
our sector.

If you are interested in sharing your policy, either privately with the
BCMA or publicly, please get in touch with me by email at
engagement at museum.bc.ca

I am also happy to take email inquiries regarding our ongoing resource
development for reconciliation projects.

All the best,

Leia

Leia Patterson
Learning Resources Coordinator
Pronouns <https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>:
She/Her

www.museum.bc.ca

We have launched our new online learning portal and you can now find the
BCMA at *museum.bc.ca <http://museum.bc.ca>*. Please note that this email
address has changed accordingly.