[BCMA] Richmond Museum Job Posting - Young Canada Works - Collection Technician
Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv
listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Mar 29 11:22:12 PDT 2021
[2017_Richmond Museum Logo]
The Richmond Museum seeks a creative, professional, positive and organized individual to work as a part of our Curatorial Collections Team.
* Cataloguing and researching artefacts.
* Updating the Museum’s collection database.
* Practicing preventative conservation and learning about the care of artefacts.
* Assisting with the installation of exhibits.
* Undertaking general collections management activities as required.
* Working towards an undergraduate degree in history, archaeology, anthropology or museum studies (students going into 3rd or 4th year preferred).
* Previous work or volunteer experience with museum collections.
* Intermediate to advanced experience with databases.
* Superior organizational skills.
* Strong writing and communication skills.
* Ability to work as part of a team of professionals.
The Applicant must …
Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or have been granted refugee status in Canada; are legally entitled to work in Canada; are between the ages of 16 and 30 years of age at the start of your employment and are a fulltime post-secondary student who intends to return to school in the fall. The applicant also must be registered in the YCW candidate inventory; willing to commit to the full duration of the work assignment and must not have another full time job (over 30 hours a week) while working for the Richmond Museum Society.
A police information check and a flexible schedule with occasional weekend work may be required.
This position is dependent upon grant funding.
HOURS OF WORK: June 7-August 23 | 35 hours per week | $17.00/hour
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to:
Rebecca Forrest, Curator of Collections –Museum & Heritage Services
E-mail: rforrest at richmond.ca
Deadline for submissions is Friday, April 16, 2021 – 5pm
No phone inquiries, please. Only short-listed applicants will be notified.
The Richmond Museum Society is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all individuals meeting all Young Canada Works qualifications to apply.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: OutlookEmoji-2017_Richmond Museum Logo3eaeeac9-d088-4b8c-90d7-102e10021103.png
Size: 10729 bytes
Desc: OutlookEmoji-2017_Richmond Museum Logo3eaeeac9-d088-4b8c-90d7-102e10021103.png
More information about the Listserv