[BCMA] Beneath the Surface launches this Wednesday

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Mar 22 09:30:18 PDT 2021

Good morning -

When Touchstones Nelson Museum opened the Cold War Bunker in late 2020, we were aware that many groups in our community would not be represented in the space, that their voices would not be heard. One of the products of our effort to create space for the underrepresented is Beneath the Surface, a Bunker response film created by Zaynab Mohammed and Xochilt Ramirez, filmed by Carlo Alcos.

Attached is a press release for your review and consideration, please contact me if you would like further information.

Thank you,
Steph

Stephanie Delnea
Marketing + Communications Assistant
Touchstones Nelson: Museum of Art and History
c: 250-505-8153

Pronouns: She/Her/Hers<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

Touchstones Nelson: Museum of Art and History acknowledges that the Museum resides on the traditional unceded territory of the Sinixt and Ktunaxa Nations. We would like to thank and acknowledge the Sinixt, Yaqan Nukiy Ktunaxa and the Métis people for the opportunity to live, learn and share in cultural experiences in this beautiful place. Learn More<http://trc.ca/assets/pdf/Calls_to_Action_English2.pdf>

[cid:1f887878-bc26-4da9-a115-60580dae1448 at CANPRD01.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM]