[BCMA] Midsummer's Eve of the Arts 2021

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Jun 30 14:16:29 PDT 2021

 [cid:ca14e209-fca2-46f8-845f-e24da181bbb3]

Vernon Public Art Gallery to host first LIVE event since pandemic shutdown

Midsummer’s Eve of the Arts, the 35th annual art auction gala, will take place on Wednesday, July 21st, 2021. This year’s fundraiser will be a hybrid of live and virtual formats, allowing those who aren’t able to attend in person to still take part in both the silent and live auctions! The VPAG has already sold out the first phase of tickets and is looking forward to releasing a few more in-person tickets after July 1st. Due to the current health restriction, the Gallery will be limiting the number of in-person guests to under 100 people but that doesn’t mean you will miss out!

Back this year for the live auction is Don Raffan of Valley Auctions’. This live-streamed event will mean people in attendance as well as those at home can compete for their coveted piece of art.  Phone lines will be open for virtual bidders to call in and bid live during the event! A website is also being created to showcase both live and silent auctions and will be open for bidding until the indicated cut off time.

The VPAG would like to thank all of the talented artists who have helped make this year’s fundraiser a possibility! With a total of over 80 artworks, as well as some incredible experience packages available, you won’t want to miss this auction!

“We are thrilled to be moving forward with a live/hybrid Midsummer’s Eve of the Arts fundraiser this summer! After pivoting last year’s events to a virtual format, and basically re-writing the entire playbook, we are excited to be one of the first organizations to bring back in-person events to our community! Our artists this year really came forward with their support for this event and contributed some significant pieces to the auction. We are so thankful and encourage our attendees to show their appreciation by bidding strong!” – Executive Director, Dauna Kennedy.

Funds raised during the evening provide important support to the Gallery throughout the year. Join us at the MEA Auction Preview from July 3- July 14, 2021, to see the spectacular pieces we have available this year! To learn more about MEA and tickets to the event, please visit
www.vernonpublicartgallery.com/midsummer-s-eve-of-the-arts<about:blank>
Due to the limited amount of guests the fundraiser can accommodate in person, all tickets will be sold at a first come first serve basis. If you are interested in this event, please contact the VPAG directly to inquire about the wait list. Thank you to the sponsors of the 2021 MEA, Clark Robinson Chartered Professional Accountants, Nor-Val Rentals and Nixon Wenger LLP, this event would not be a success without their generous support!
Vernon Public Art Gallery | 3228 – 31st Ave | 250-545-3173 | www.vernonpublicartgallery.com<about:blank> | info at vernonpublicartgallery.com<about:blank>

Media contacts:
Dauna Kennedy Executive Director, 250-545-3173, dauna at vernonpublicartgallery.com
Megan Byers Marketing and Events Coordinator, 250-545-3173 marketing at vernonpublicartgallery.com

Image details: Executive Director, Dauna Kennedy looks at an artwork donated to the MEA 2021 fundraiser. The painting is titled “Circadian Signal” by Scotty Alveberg.

 Sincerely,

Megan Byers
Marketing and Events Coordinator
[cid:08c4d6a3-f0f1-44f2-891b-9d4cfe476e83]