[BCMA] YCW Position - VHF Project Assistant
Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv
listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Jun 30 11:28:13 PDT 2021
Project Assistant – Vancouver House Styles
Vancouver Heritage Foundation (VHF) is seeking a student intern to join our
staff team as Project Assistant for the Vancouver House Styles web tool.
Candidates with photography skills, a keen interest in historic
architecture, heritage places and local history, and good organizational
skills are invited to apply.
The Vancouver House Styles web tool is a popular public reference resource
on the VHF website. The Project Assistant’s work will help make the web
tool a richer educational reference tool for the public. The role will
include sourcing and creating photographs, documenting architectural
elements and stories, and curating them for the website.
The role can be full time or part time for a total of 450 hours to start in
August and to be completed by December 2021 or early 2022. The role will be
based in our office in downtown Vancouver but with some working from home
while required due to the coronavirus pandemic. Independent travel
throughout the city will also be necessary to take photographs. The hourly
wage is $16/hr. Applications close Tuesday July 13th, 2021.
We are keen to hear from candidates with skills and experience relevant to
the role including:
- Current post-secondary student in heritage conservation, architecture,
planning, history, geography, photography or a related field
- Interest and experience in photography including taking photographs of
buildings and places, and basic photo editing
- Genuine interest in local history, cultural heritage and architecture
- Research and writing skills for the purpose of conveying information
to the general public, and fluency in written and oral English
- Computer fluency with at a minimum Microsoft Office and familiarity
with website editing (WordPress and Adobe Design Suite an asset)
- Excellent organizational skills that include organizing images and
data, adhering to timelines and budgets, and accurate record keeping
- Ability to work independently, and willingness to travel to
neighbourhoods throughout the city of Vancouver to take photographs for the
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Desire to work in a collegial and collaborative team
As this position is partly funded by the Young Canada Works Summer Student
program, the Project Assistant must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time student during the most recent semester (high school,
college, CEGEP or university)
- Aged 16 – 30 years old at the start of employment
- Continuing their studies in the 2021-2022 academic year
- Canadian citizen, permanent resident or has refugee status in Canada
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Will not have another full-time job (over 30 hours a week) during the
- Intends to return to full-time studies in the semester following the
You can find out more about the web tool on the Vancouver House Styles Hub
Vancouver Heritage Foundation (VHF) is a registered charity that promotes
the appreciation and conservation of heritage places in Vancouver. VHF does
this by creating opportunities and resources to learn about Vancouver’s
history and diverse heritage places and by providing practical support for
the successful conservation of historic buildings and sites.
VHF recognizes the diverse history and cultural heritage of Vancouver and
that the city is located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded
territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh peoples.
How to apply
Please send your resume, a cover letter and at least five samples of
photographs of buildings or places that you have taken yourself. Please
email the photographs in *one* PDF document no larger than 4MB.
You can address your application to Judith Mosley, Executive Director, at
mail at vancouverheritagefoundation.org.
Applications close on Tuesday July 13th, 2021. Only applicants selected for
interview will be contacted
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Listserv