[BCMA] Artist Call - Riot on the Roof 2021

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jun 10 14:20:50 PDT 2021

[cid:73a3cde8-2ac8-49a8-9792-683126a09f64]

ARTIST CALL

ATTENTION ALL: emerging artists, performers, musicians, and potential volunteers!
We are calling on all willing and eager participants to be featured in the Vernon Public Art Gallery's 13th annual Riot on the Roof!

Interested in a paid exhibition and exposure??
Vernon's biggest alternative art party is taking place Saturday, August 21st, 2021, at the Downtown Vernon Parkade.
Help transform this concrete jungle with live music, installations, murals, dances, and so much more!

ABOUT THE EVENT: Riot on the Roof is all about helping upcoming artists get noticed by bridging the gap between the gallery and public interaction.
This year we will be tackling the theme of “Neon Gardens” through the creation of an immersive setting. Introducing the public to unfamiliar spaces and displaying ways technology impacts our surrounding environments. Opportunities are now open for artists of all disciplines!

DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: June 30th, 2021 at 11:59 PM. No application fees.✨

Apply today by emailing your proposal to ambassador1 at vernonpublicartgallery.com<mailto:ambassador1 at vernonpublicartgallery.com>!!
We hope to see you there!

Proposal Form <https://d943852c-e3d5-4297-ae5d-a6020175965d.filesusr.com/ugd/ed5aea_94ef7be99f2e453d9be1792e170ef9b0.pdf>

[cid:355972db-4500-43dd-aa40-155e0532688b]

What is Riot on the Roof?

For anyone that does not know, Riot on the Roof is a community event that is put on yearly by the Vernon Public Art Gallery.
This event is taking place August 21, 2021 and is an opportunity for emerging artists of all mediums/platforms to present their work to a broad audience.
Riot on the Roof is a fun way for young artists to gain exposure, expand upon their CV, start connecting with the arts community/galleries and get paid doing what they love! Artists are welcome to submit previous, current and in progress work for this paid event.

This event is Vernon's biggest alternative art party and you can take part in it!

Artist Proposal Form can be found on our website HERE<https://d943852c-e3d5-4297-ae5d-a6020175965d.filesusr.com/ugd/ed5aea_94ef7be99f2e453d9be1792e170ef9b0.pdf> and submitted via emailing ambassador1 at vernonpublicartgallery.com

www.vernonpublicartgallery.com/riot-on-the-roof<https://www.vernonpublicartgallery.com/riot-on-the-roof>

Thank you

Megan Byers
Marketing and Events Coordinator
[cid:ea44e297-ee64-4e0e-a604-abefb8f050d6]