[BCMA] Seeking recommendations for textile cleaning

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Jul 27 17:44:12 PDT 2021

Dear Melissa and Nakusp and District Museum ,
I am a conservator, but with only a basic textile knowledge (archaeology,
social history and ethnographic particularly metals and stone)  and I am in
Hong Kong, with children in BC, contemplating joining them. If Canada lets
me, my wife and kids are Canucks, I'm a Brit.

You don't say how damaged the textiles are by the pests, So  if damaged I
would find a conservator,  as  there might be fraying warps and wefts  and
you do not want the situation to get worse, normal dry cleaners are not
used to damaged museum artefacts , ICON the British Conservators
organisation, has a find a conservator section. CCI your equivalent is very
good, do they not have that feature ?  I found this
https://www.canada.ca/en/conservation-institute/corporate/org-structure.html#a2

Is your insect pest invasion over ? As we do not want to return the' food
to the dormant predators '

Yours sincerely
Paul Harrison FIIC