[BCMA] Register Now for July's Social Responsibility Workshop

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Jul 7 08:11:00 PDT 2021

Register today and join the Alberta Museums Association (AMA) with the 2019 recipient of the Robert R. Janes Award for Social Responsibility for July's virtual Social Responsibility Workshop.

Social Soup: Building Knowledge and Relationships with Community and the Natural Environment

The workshop with the 2019 Award recipient, Musée Heritage Museum, postponed in 2020 due to COVID-19, has been rescheduled as a half-day virtual event on Thursday, July 22, 2021, from 9:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. Learn about the Musée Heritage Museum's recipe for "Social Soup," explore your own 'recipe' of serving your communities in unique and meaningful ways, and end with a virtual soup lunch - recipe included! Learn more here<https://museums.ab.ca/what-we-do/professional-development/2021-learning-opportunities.aspx#Musee>.

Registration Fees

Individual Event
AMA Member
$30
Student
$20
Non-Member
$50

Click here<https://museums.ab.ca/events.aspx> to register for individual workshops.

The Robert R. Janes Award for Social Responsibility directly supports museums that are true contributors to the social, cultural, and educational fabric of Alberta. The award recognizes museums that demonstrate leadership in building museums as true community spaces that affect our environmental and social landscapes. For more information about the award and other initiatives from the Alberta Museums Association, please visit museums.ab.ca<http://www.museums.ab.ca/>.

For further information on the workshops, please contact Ben Fast, Program Lead, at learning at museums.ab.ca<mailto:learning at museums.ab.ca>.

Ben Fast, BA, MA
Program Lead
He / him

Alberta Museums Association
Suite 120, 12420.104 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB  T5N 3Z9

780.424.2626
learning at museums.ab.ca<mailto:learning at museums.ab.ca>
museums.ab.ca<http://www.museums.ab.ca/>

The Alberta Museums Association acknowledges that our office is located on Treaty 6 territory, the traditional meeting ground and home for many Indigenous Peoples, including the Cree, Saulteaux, Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Métis, and Nakota Sioux Peoples.