[BCMA] Upcoming Family-Friendly Outdoor Activity with the Fraser River Discovery Centre

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Sat Jul 3 13:43:13 PDT 2021

Hello all!

The Fraser River Discovery Centre, located in New Westminster, is hosting an upcoming family-friendly outdoor activity on Saturday, July 10th, and we were wondering if it would be possible for you to help us promote these low-cost family activities on your event calendars, if appropriate.

The event information is listed below, in order. I'm also sharing graphics to accompany our event information.

Thank you!
Michael Goodchild

  1.  River Basin Days in Jerry Sulina Park - Saturday, July 10th, 2:00pm - 3:00pm

The Fraser River Discovery Centre presents its next 'River Basin Days' program, taking place on Saturday, July 10th from 2:00PM - 3:00PM.
River Basin Days is a series of outdoor public programs geared towards families, organized by the Fraser River Discovery Centre. Join us at rotating locations around the Fraser River Basin as we help you explore and discover this incredible watershed!
Come sail away with the Fraser River Discovery Centre! This month we're headed to Jerry Sulina Park in Maple Ridge to build our very own nature boats! We'll explore what kinds of objects float, scavenge for building materials, and learn a few simple boat-making techniques. Then, we'll watch our boats set sail on their inaugural voyage!
There is minimal shade along the trail in Jerry Sulina Park, so please come prepared for the weather.

WHEN: July 10th, 2:00-3:00pm

(With enough interest, we will run a second workshop from 12:30-1:30. Please email programs at fraserriverdiscovery.org<mailto:programs at fraserriverdiscovery.org> to express your interest.)

WHERE: Jerry Sulina Park<https://www.google.com/maps/place/Jerry+Sulina+Park/@49.241307,-122.6382458,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x34f6b007db52861a?sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiL-qTOxZrxAhVMip4KHebJBGIQ_BIwFXoECEAQBQ> (meeting location specified in confirmation email)

WHO: While everyone is welcome, this workshop is aimed at children and their families.

More info is available here: https://fraserriverdiscovery.org/rbd/

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D7700E.C36B2130]
Michael Goodchild| Museum Coordinator | He/his
t: 604-521-8401 ext. 105 | m: 403-585-7938
e: mgoodchild at fraserriverdiscovery.org<mailto:mgoodchild at fraserriverdiscovery.org>
fraserriverdiscovery.org | a: 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC V3M 6Z6
Donate Today to help the Fraser River!<https://www.fraserriverdiscovery.org/GivingCircle>
Want to know what`s happening at the FRDC? Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter<https://www.fraserriverdiscovery.org/newsletter>.
[cid:image002.png at 01D7700E.C36B2130]<https://www.facebook.com/thefrdc>[cid:image003.png at 01D7700E.C36B2130]<https://twitter.com/thefrdc>[cid:image004.png at 01D7700E.C36B2130]<https://www.instagram.com/thefrdc/>
[cid:image005.png at 01D7700E.C36B2130]Please consider the environment before printing.

The Fraser River Discovery Centre is located on the traditional territory of the Coast Salish Peoples. Territory acknowledgement is one small part of Reconciliation. Please take a moment to think of other ways you can participate in Reconciliation with Indigenous communities.