[BCMA] Job posting: Part-time Heritage Interpreter, Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Jul 29 16:01:48 PDT 2021

The Gulf of Georgia Cannery National Historic Site is seeking applications for a Heritage Interpreter to join our Visitor Services team.

Part Time Heritage Interpreter Job Posting

The Gulf of Georgia Cannery, built in 1894 in the village of Steveston, is a living monument to the individuals involved in Canada's West Coast fishing industry. It is now a Parks Canada national historic site operated by the Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society, an independent, non-profit society and registered charity.

We are seeking outgoing individuals to join our front-line Heritage Interpreter team, dedicated to providing exemplary customer service in presenting the site and its history to our visitors.

Reporting to the Marketing & Visitor Services Manager, and working with the Audience Engagement Manager, responsibilities include:

  *   Delivering public tours and educational programs
  *   Performing front desk duties, including greeting visitors, responding to visitor inquiries, and conducting admission and Cannery Store retail transactions
  *   Assisting with special event activities as required

Qualifications:

  *   Excellent customer service skills; public speaking experience an asset
  *   Fluency in English is required; fluency in French an asset
  *   Previous experience working with children an asset
  *   Ability to work independently and to multi-task
  *   Ability to work as an effective team member
  *   A criminal record check is required

This is a permanent, part-time position. Must be available to work weekends and holidays.

Starting wage $15.25 per hour, plus 4% in lieu of vacations.

Please forward your resume and cover letter to:

                Mimi Horita, Marketing & Visitor Services Manager

                Gulf of Georgia Cannery Society

               12138 Fourth Avenue, Richmond, BC   V7E 3J1

                mimi.horita at gogcannery.org<mailto:mimi.horita at gogcannery.org>

Deadline to apply: August 16, 2021

Only those candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. For more information about the site, please visit: www.gulfofgeorgiacannery.org<http://www.gulfofgeorgiacannery.org>

If you are interested in working with us, but see something in this posting that excludes you, please reach out to us. We are committed to decolonizing our practices and creating an inclusive working environment that accommodates all backgrounds and abilities. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, and identification as an Indigenous person.

[cid:image001.png at 01D78492.19512940]