[BCMA] MAP Reopening Fund Now Open!

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Aug 27 08:02:30 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

We've just been informed that the MAP Reopening Fund is now open (and will
be open until October 20). Details and a link to the online application can
be found here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/funding/museums-assistance/reopening-fund-heritage-organizations.html
<https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/funding/museums-assistance/reopening-fund-heritage-organizations.html>

Canadian Heritage said that they will be sending the BCMA a package of
materials to share with members on Monday, so additional details will be
forthcoming. The MAP Reopening Fund is very similar to the 2020 COVID
relief MAP fund, so if you applied for funding last year, the application
and eligibility requirements will be largely the same.

Canadian Heritage cautions that high volumes of applications are expected,
so we encourage BCMA members to apply as early as possible. Funding amounts
will range from $1,000 to a maximum of $100,000. The amount will be
determined by a formula based on your 2019 expenses (or last completed
pre-pandemic fiscal year), as supported by financial statements.

Application guidelines can be found here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/canadian-heritage/services/funding/museums-assistance/reopening-fund-heritage-organizations/application-guidelines-reopening-fund.html

All the best,

Ryan

*Ryan Hunt*
Executive Director
Pronouns: He/him To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

Direct: 250-884-0499 || Office: 250-356-5700  || www.museum.bc.ca

Check out the BCMA's new online learning portal: www.museum.bc.ca
<http://www.museum.bc.ca>