[BCMA] Request to share info about upcoming family activity in the Fraser River Discovery Centre

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Sun Aug 15 12:49:38 PDT 2021

Hi there from the Fraser River Discovery Centre!

The FRDC, located in New Westminster, is hosting an upcoming family-friendly activity on Saturday, August 28th, and we were wondering if it would be possible for you to help us promote this low-cost family program to your community, if appropriate.

The event information is listed below, in order. I'm also sharing a graphic for promo.

Thank you!
Michael Goodchild

The Fraser River Discovery Centre, located in Downtown New Westminster, is excited to present its next edition of the ongoing 'Super Saturdays' family program, taking place on Saturday, August 28th from 10am - 4pm.

Taking place on the last Saturday of every month, Super Saturdays is a series of family-friendly public programs that explore life along the Fraser River with activities and crafts!

This August, we invite you to join us as we celebrate some of the Fraser Watershed's most important inhabitants - pollinators! From bees to butterflies to bats, these critters all play an important role in keeping the plant-life of the watershed flowering and beautiful - without them, riverside ecosystems would be in big trouble! We'll be learning about some of the pollinators that live in the watershed, learning why they're so important, and building our very own Mason Bee Houses!

Appropriate for families with children aged 6 - 11. COVID-19 Safety protocols are in effect, and pre-registration is required for this activity. Learn more about this family program here: https://fraserriverdiscovery.org/super-saturdays/

WHAT: Super Saturdays - Pollinator Party!
WHEN: Saturday, August 28th, 10am - 4pm.
WHERE: Fraser River Discovery Centre, 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC.
WHO: While everyone is welcome, this activity is suitable for families with children aged 6-11.
COST: $3-$15 (Our registration form contains more information on the price breakdown)

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D791CD.62E336A0]
Michael Goodchild| Museum Coordinator | He/his
t: 604-521-8401 ext. 105 | m: 403-585-7938
e: mgoodchild at fraserriverdiscovery.org<mailto:mgoodchild at fraserriverdiscovery.org>
fraserriverdiscovery.org | a: 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC V3M 6Z6
Donate Today to help the Fraser River!<https://www.fraserriverdiscovery.org/GivingCircle>
Want to know what`s happening at the FRDC? Subscribe to our monthly e-newsletter<https://www.fraserriverdiscovery.org/newsletter>.
[cid:image002.png at 01D791CD.62E336A0]<https://www.facebook.com/thefrdc>[cid:image003.png at 01D791CD.62E336A0]<https://twitter.com/thefrdc>[cid:image004.png at 01D791CD.62E336A0]<https://www.instagram.com/thefrdc/>
[cid:image005.png at 01D791CD.62E336A0]Please consider the environment before printing.

The Fraser River Discovery Centre is located on the traditional territory of the Coast Salish Peoples. Territory acknowledgement is one small part of Reconciliation. Please take a moment to think of other ways you can participate in Reconciliation with Indigenous communities.