[BCMA] BCMA Election Primer 2021

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Aug 23 08:02:09 PDT 2021

An updated version of the BCMA Election Primer is now online:

https://museum.bc.ca/brain/election-primer-2021/
<https://museum.bc.ca/brain/election-primer-2021/>

Now, more than ever, museums and cultural organizations face an uncertain
future. From COVID-19 recovery, to mitigating the impact of climate change,
to taking action in support of reconciliation and social justice, elections
are an important time to make the voice of our sector heard, tell the story
of our sector’s impact, and urge the government to take action to ensure
museums, galleries, and cultural centres can continue to support their
communities. This guide provides BCMA members with facts, tips, and
strategies to make arts, culture and heritage a central issue now, and in
future elections.

Thank you to the BCMA Advocacy Committee for the time and expertise
provided to create this document. The Advocacy Committee is committed to
supporting the advocacy work of the BCMA and its members and increasing
awareness of the BC cultural sector.