[BCMA] BCMA Advocacy Update

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Mon Aug 16 05:56:41 PDT 2021

Hello everyone,

Canadians will be returning to the polls on September 20th
<https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ways-to-vote-2021-federal-election-1.6138863>
vote in a federal election. The BCMA is preparing a federal election
advocacy portal on our website and we look forward to sharing it with
members as soon as possible.

We are also working with our Provincial and Territorial Museum Association
counterparts and the Canadian Museums Association to coordinate joint
federal advocacy efforts and to ensure consistent messaging/priorities. If
you have advocacy suggestions or would like to share stories of how your
organization has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, please email
bcma at museum.bc.ca.

If you want to jump-start your organizational or personal advocacy efforts,
we had prepared an Advocacy Update
<https://museum.bc.ca/update-on-bcma-advocacy-and-resources-for-taking-action/>
post with links to advocacy resources, updates on our recent province
advocacy work, and ideas for taking action:

https://museum.bc.ca/update-on-bcma-advocacy-and-resources-for-taking-action/
<https://museum.bc.ca/update-on-bcma-advocacy-and-resources-for-taking-action/>

We look forward to working with you to make our sector's voice heard!

-Ryan

*Ryan Hunt*
Executive Director
Pronouns: He/him To learn why pronouns are important, click here
<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>

Direct: 250-884-0499 || Office: 250-356-5700  || www.museum.bc.ca

Check out the BCMA's new online learning portal: www.museum.bc.ca
<http://www.museum.bc.ca>