[BCMA] Gitxsan 'Hands of History' signs: any leads on who did or could produce them?

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Tue Aug 3 13:49:19 PDT 2021

Good day, I am an employee of the Province of BC and am partnering with a Gitxsan wilp on a project that includes recognition signage of territory holders and cultural education. The Gitxsan wilp (house) Simoogit (chief)  would like to commission a Tsimshian 'copper' style sign using the same format as numerous existing signs in Gitxsan territory referred to as the 'hand of history' http://www.hazeltonstourism.ca/hands-of-history.html. It appears to me they may be cast aluminum, about ½ inch think with raised lettering, border and adzed style marks. I have checked with the local government (Hazelton and Regional District of Kitimat Stikine) who all agree it was a regional district led project but no one knows who produced them. Any leads on who did, or could, produce this style of sign would be most appreciated!

Best regards,
Aaron Trowbridge
Aaron.Trowbridge at gov.bc.ca