[BCMA] Join us! April 26th ProD with VHF Perspectives on Local History and Heritage Places

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Fri Apr 16 09:14:18 PDT 2021

Join VHF for a full day Professional Development for Educators on *Monday,
April 26th* from 9am-3pm to explore the cultural connections to heritage
and history in Vancouver, in neighbourhoods across the city, and beyond.

All are welcome to join us as we hear the stories of resilience and
cultural legacies that resonate throughout our streetscapes and
neighbourhoods. We will explore ways to connect the present with the past
and and how to empower and reshape narratives on local history and heritage
places. Sessions include speakers from the Musqueam community, and local
Chinese Canadian, Japanese Canadian, Filipino Canadian and Black
communities.

*Speakers*:

   - Panel Discussion on Language Revitalization hosted by *Musqueam
   Language and Culture*
   - *Dr. Leonora Angeles*: Associate Professor, SCARP, and the Institute
   for Gender, Race, Sexuality and Social Justice at UBC.
   - *John Atkin*: Civic historian, walking tour guide, author and heritage
   consultant.
   - *Lama Mugabo*: Community Planner and co-founder of Hogan’s Alley
   Society.
   - *Jeff Chiba Stearns*: Japanese Canadian animation and documentary
   filmmaker, illustrator and author.
   - *Aynsley Wong*: Board member with the Wongs’ Benevolent Association.

*Host, Jessica Quan*, VHF Special Projects Manager.

*To register,* visit:
https://www.vancouverheritagefoundation.org/resources/heritage-study-guide-for-schools/
<https://www.vancouverheritagefoundation.org/resources/heritage-study-guide-for-schools/%23event-4356>

For questions, please contact: jessica at vancouverheritagefoundation.org

[image: cid:image003.jpg at 01D730D7.309F09F0]

Warm regards,

*Sarah Carlson*

*Program Manager*

Vancouver Heritage Foundation

604 264 9642 #304

Suite 402 - 510 West Hastings Street

Vancouver BC V6B 1L8

www.vancouverheritagefoundation.org

Facebook / TheVancouverHeritageFoundation
<http://www.facebook.com/TheVancouverHeritageFoundation>

Twitter @vanheritage <http://www.twitter.com/vanheritage>

Instagram @VancouverHeritageFdn