[BCMA] Special General Meeting of CMA members for April 30

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Wed Apr 14 10:29:17 PDT 2021

*We are writing to inform you that the Board of the CMA has declined to
call a Special General Meeting of members for April 30.  *

A notice was sent to the CMA on 19 March to inform the Board that 50 Voting
Members had signed the Petition for the SGM. We were informed today that
“There will not be a special meeting of the Members on April 30, 2021, as
the Association has not received the legal documentation necessary under
our Bylaw or the Canada Not for Profit Corporations Act.” We were then
invited to submit an item for the Agenda of the May 3 AGM by noon on April
10, 2021. A Mandate Letter to the Board of the CMA was submitted as an item
to be presented but was refused for presentation at the CMA’s AGM. We will
continue with our plans to hold a Special Meeting of Members on April 30.

*Special Meeting of Members/Assemblée extraordinaire des membres - April
30/le 30 avril*

*The Notice of Meeting is below. Please circulate to your networks. *
*L’Avis de l’assemblée se trouve ci-dessous. Veuillez faire circuler dans
vos réseaux. *

*NOTICE*
You are invited to attend a Special Meeting of Members of the Canadian
Museums Association.