[BCMA] BC Museums Week Webinar: The Elephant in the Room: the Leadership Crisis in Canada's Cultural Sector

Moderated BCMA subscriber listserv listserv at lists.museum.bc.ca
Thu Apr 29 09:48:25 PDT 2021

The Elephant in the Room: the Leadership Crisis in Canada's Cultural Sector

Friday, May 21st, 2021 10:00am – 11:30am PDT In the past year, there have
been high-profile resignations and departures at some of Canada’s largest
art galleries, museums, and cultural institutions. And in addition to the
stories of toxic working environments and systemic racism that have been
publicized, it is an open secret that many other stories have not yet come
to light. It is undeniable that toxic leadership is common in Canada’s
cultural sector, but what we can do about it? Join our cross-country panel
as we discuss the leadership crisis in Canada’s cultural sector and explore
how we can reject traditional leadership paradigms and create a more
inclusive and just future. If we don’t address the elephant in the room,
it’s not going to go away. This session is presented as part of BC Museums
Week 2021.

Registration is free and open to all. Closed captions and live ASL
translation are available for this webinar.

*Register today * <https://museum.bc.ca/event-list/?eid=33>